Monday, July 03, 2006

Shed Skin 0.0.11, give me money

I have just released Shed Skin 0.0.11. It contains several important fixes again (see test 162). Most notably, lambda support is greatly improved (especially in an OO setting), and casting of incomplete types is re-enabled (so you can do e.g. ()+(5,), a = [[1]]; a = [[]] and such).

In other news, I will probably be paid on a temporary basis this summer, to support a certain 1600-line program. Please let me know if you have a Python program/prototype that you'd like to have converted to C++, and I can probably tell you how much time this would take me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah, damn you to heck :p

Nonetheless very cool, and i will attempt to compile again at some point :)

My Haskell compiler is more or less complete (a good thing, given i've submitted my thesis) and i don't get paid at all :p

srepmub said...

Congratulations on finishing your thesis! Now you can make your compiler a real hobby project again ;-) I am having a lot more fun now that I do it 'in my spare time'.. Well, mostly, anyway :-)

Yeah, I'm a lucky bastard.. Twice a summer of code, and now this.. I guess Python is more 'practical' than Haskell, so it's easier to get paid for doing it.. :-)

srepmub said...

oh, please let me know if you run into a bug.. :-) I'm sorry that I don't use Haskell, or know much about it.. :S

Jonathan Ellis said...

Congrats! That's a good situation to be in! :)

Anonymous said...

srepmub: hehe, yeah haskell is not the worlds most practical language. I'm currently fixing the compiler so it produces slightly less horrifically bad code... yeah, after i submitted my thesis, apparently i have no life.

jonathan: sprepbmub being paid for project, or not knowing haskell? both are arguably good things :D

srepmub said...

Hiya Kinsman,

Maybe I should mention this on the main Shedskin page: I use the Boehm Garbage Collector with generated code.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.